Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a new team member in our Infrastructure Chapter that wants to work with a diverse set of technologies. As a Infrastructure Engineer at EBPI you are responsible for engineering of standardised middleware platforms, software and services. If you are the type of Engineer that is interested in a position where you can focus on exploring new possibilities within Infrastructure, but also learn about other technologies with a high complexity? This could be the job for you.
What will you be doing?
- You will evaluate and approve technical feasibility.
- Also it will be your responsibility to work through non-functional requirements and establish solutions as needed.
- Engineering of standardised middleware platforms, software and services eg. WAS, JBOSS, MQ, Apache httpd, Tomcat, FTPS, DNS, LDAP, NFS, NTP, GIT, Mail/SMTP.
- You will take a proactive role in standardization.
- Making sure our standardised middleware platforms are delivered to the various tribes in our organization will be one of the things you will focus on.
- You will also take an active role in LCM on various middleware, infrastructure products
- Besides that you will also handle 3rd line support requests, incidents and problems.
- Staying current on new developments in relevant middleware and infrastructure technologies
- Administration and engineering of software and services like for instance Apache httpd, Tomcat, FTPS, DNS, LDAP, NFS, NTP, GIT, Mail/SMTP
- You will be responsible for patching and upgrading OS and middleware components
What do you bring to the table?
- Experience in IBM Middleware, TIBCO Middleware, Enterprise Architecture collaboration.
- Experience with Solutions Architecture definition and collaboration.
- Knowledge of highly scalable systems design and architecture.
- A completed relevant IT education and at least 5 years working experience in the field of IT engineering or operations.
- Knowledge of products like WebSphere Application Server, MQ and IBM Business Process Manager, Datapower, F5.
- Knowledge of and experience in Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Knowledge of and experience in eg. XML, J2EE architecture.
- Experienced in tuning and troubleshooting JVM’s on various WebSphere platforms.
- Experience with configuration management tooling, eg. Ansible, Puppet.
- Experience with repositories like GIT.
- Experience with Clustering and High Availability.
- Experienced in tuning and troubleshooting.
- Ability to relay ideas concretely
- You know one or more scripting languages like bash, python, ruby, wsadmin, jython.
What knowledge would be nice to have?
- Preferably knowledge of open source products like JBOSS or Tomcat.
- Preferably knowledge of RDBMS, eg. DB2.
- Preferably knowledge of NoSQL, eg. MongoDB.
- Experience with Linux Infrastructure, DB2 Infrastructure or MongoDB Infrastructure.
What can you expect from our side?
An employment conditions package that is worth your while and consists of:
- A good salary
- Extensive development / certification options
- 26 vacation days and the possibility to purchase extra days
- An appropriate mobility scheme
- Premium-free pension
- In the event of proven suitability, a permanent employment contract
- Nice workplace with enthusiastic colleagues
- A flat organizational structure and working in tribes